Monday, June 22, 2009

Another Mundane Monday

Yesterday was Father's Day and I forgot I had made this card a few months ago. The verse is Matt. 4:18; "He said, Follow me and I will make you fishers of men." At church yesterday there was a skit with a little girl in a princess dress trying to attract the attention of her father. The father was busy on the computer and cell phone. I don't know what the song is but it brought tears to my eyes something about dancing with the princess and needing to practice her dance. Finally the father took notice and danced with the little girl. The skit took the audience through other times of her life: her prom and marriage, both with the fathers dancing with their little (or not so little, anymore) girls. It was really sweet.

My father passed away this March but I never really had that "daddy's girl" type of relationship. When I saw that skit it solidified my prayers that my kids will have that type of father I never had. My BF, my wonderful Richie, also shares my thoughts. We both want our kids to have a solid foundation with God in the center and a loving home. But before the kids, we gotta work on ourselves. I just hope I'm not too old to enjoy it! I'm kinda afraid I'll be in a wheelchair before my babies are teenagers! LOL....Ah, it's all God's timing and it's perfect timing!

Back to the card, I had wanted to submit the card to be on Christian Paper Crafts Magazine but I missed the deadline. There's always next time!
  • The deets: The Greeting Farm-Rock the farm set and computer generated sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment