Thursday, December 10, 2009

Statement of Faith

Strength in the Faith of Our Heavenly Father

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation."

Hebrews 11:1-2

HSE has taught me God is tangible and REAL, as real as cellphones, backpacks and Starbucks! It's been mind blowing and He continues to Keep it Real! Just as in the chapter of faith in Hebrews 11, without faith, I was unable to quit my job at San Diego Gas & Electric, quit school at California State University San Marcos, create new friendships and establish boundries with others, give up so many things I once held dear to my heart; to endure a life transformation that God had instore for me. He has turned my life upside down and right side up; shown me the ugliness of pride hidden deep inside, exploded the box of "my life", and will continue to work with in me till the day I'm dancing on streets of gold. See, without Faith it is impossible to do right by God. Some days are tougher, where all I can do is to cry out "Abba, Father, Daddy~it hurts" but victorious and joyful are the days when I get to rejoice with the angels as a life is forever changed! We're not promised a "happy" life, we are given the promise of land of milk and honey, in that land there are deep valleys and mountain tops; most of the days it's flat land, all you can do is take one step at a time. Through it all, with faith, it will be super sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment