Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cherry Blossoms

You are...
dets: CS: a|s sugar, bubble gum, latte, generic dark brown cs; Stamps: a muse blossom branch w/bird, a|s elegant elements;
Inks: a|s slate, mememto black; Copics: RV25, YR00, B32,YG23, RV13.

Amazing.
inside card

This card is inspired by my favorite tree: the Cherry Blossom. 
I love the colors and how it represents the evanescent nature of life: blooming and the fall.  I would so love to see these beautiful trees in real life in Japan.  That would be a winter wonderland.  
My other inspiration is a local artist: Artby Winette.  She showcases her work at Borders at Ward Center.  Oh, I just thought, Borders is going to be closing soon, I hope she has another location! 
The link takes you directly to her website: her Cherry blossom collection. It would be nice to have a three-four panel piece in my craft room, in my beautiful two story mansion...lol.  I know, I'm dreaming. 
I found her work through my best friend's sister.  I find really facinating stuff by Facebook stalking others (lol...shh...it's not like I'm the only one!)  It has (sadly) become a huge habit of mine. 
I hope you enjoyed today's card.  My challenge is to try to make a card a day.  I really want to become good at what I do, so that means practice!!! 
Have a terrific Tuesday!  

1 comment: