Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012

Hello 2012....


Looking back at 2011 wasn't all that exciting until the tail end of the year. It really seemed like the longest year ever and yesterday,as I celebrated the new year, it seemed like an ordinary day.

The beginning of the year I was severely depressed, even suicidal; I don't know why I felt like that. Only God knows why he allowed that dark time to happen. I lost my job in April and I've been completely depended on His provisions, grace and mercy. In August, I was accepted to New Hope Christian College in hopes to gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of my Heavenly Father.

This first semester has stretched me and I've had the pleasure of going thru a deeper level with Him. I've never done as well in school as I have at NHCC. For the first time in my academic career, I received 3 A's and one B. I was shooting for the straight A's but I failed to do the best I could in my Character Formation class. I hope this sets the bar as far as grades are concerned. The lessons I've learned and I know I will continue to learn are the most valueable. I had a chance to Critically Think past superficial topics, write my fairy tale in my Art of Story class, really understand the heart and art of true worship, and know that it's a continual process to form my character using the mind of Christ as an example.

For the upcoming year, scholastically I strive obtain straight A's; to continue to cultivate relationships in school, church, friends, and the new people I will meet this year; and continue to depend on His ways in everything I do. This can only happen through continual prayers and fasting. In Jesus Name, here's to an outstanding 2012!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment