Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Camp Lokahi - arrival

3-11-12.  3:41 pm

We arrived after a 45minute drive.  We are located at Makapala and it is so peaceful. Today is actually prep day, we are just awaiting for word on what we'll be doing and all that good stuff.  It truly is kinda exciting not knowing what's going to happen next...until then, since I do have quiet time, imma take a nap! 

10:30 pm

So today we got to meet all the staff, counselors, and L.I.Ts {leaders in torture - lol as the camp director calls them, "we torture the bad out of them!} It stands for Leaders In Training- these are kids who are too old to be campers but too young to be counselors or staff.  They say this camp is going to be different because there are more LITs than there are campers.  For now they have a count of 19, but there are others who said they wanted to come but have not turned in paperwork.  Honestly, I am a little scared about being a counselor.  The last time I did something like this was at HCWO for their JHi overnighter but I totally feel out of my element.  But this is exactly what I signed up for. I wanted and needed to be outside of my comfort zone, I wanted and prayed for God to bless all those involved, and my heart to be in the right place.  Tonight my anxiety about the status of my heart was confirmed, Liz, the kitchen staff said to "expect God to work in our hearts, altho this is for the kids, God will move in our lives just as well." 

Well, camp officially starts tomorrow, the kids arrive at 3 pm...until then, it's a good night! 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment