Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Breaking the Silence of Mental Illness








This past week, the worship pastor of the Rock Church in San Ysidro committed suicide.  I am deeply saddened by this news, the last time I saw him was three years ago when I visited San Diego.  They came by to where I was at to say hi.  It was a short and sweet visit but it was nice to see him and Brenda.  

There is a stigma on Depression and Mental Illness in the church.  I was subjected to this stigma when I initially got sick.  I was told I wasn't praying enough, I had "spirits" within me that was tormenting me, and I wasn't Christian enough.  This is NOT true.  Depression and Mental Illness has many reasons why it happens.  

Please watch Pastor Miles as he addresses this topic.  "What you suffer from does not define who you are." Click on the link and it will lead you to the message.  


No comments:

Post a Comment